Salary: £28,000 to £30,000 pa
Fixed term for 12 months
Universal Square, Devonshire Street North, Ardwick, Manchester M12 6JH
Full time, 35 hours per week
Eligibility to join Local Government pension scheme
One Education Ltd is a national provider of specialist education services to schools and academies. We are passionate about customer service and our ambition is to be the best company our customers do business with. We value our people highly and invest in their professional development and well-being, so if you’re passionate about customer service and would like an amazing career opportunity read on to find out more.
We are looking to recruit an experienced Officer to work within our expanding payroll service to schools and academies.
- Creating and maintaining employees' payroll records. Liaising with customers to process payrolls throughout the month.
- Investigating all employee and HMRC payroll related queries
- Maintain payroll processing system and records by gathering, calculating, and inputting data
- Calculating SSP, SMP, SPP and other payments and deductions as required (e.g. student loans, travel loans, expense payments, salary sacrifices)
- Process starters and employee changes in accordance with various national and local terms of conditions of employment.
- Taking responsibility for monitoring cut-off dates and ensuring all information is received and inputted in advance of the prescribed deadlines
- Process P45's, P60's, P11D's
- Other duties commensurate with the level and nature of the post.
- Experience of MHR Itrent is essential
- Excellent customer service skills
- High attention to detail and planning / organisation skills
- Driven to deliver results consistently and on time
- Fully competent in excel, word and power point MS suite
- The ability to effectively resolve high volumes of payroll queries
- Excellent communication skills
- Systems focused with the ability to pick up new systems and processes quickly
Closing date: 4 January 2019
Interviews: Week commencing 14 January 2019