Achieve the Best in Maths: wsc single session
Achieve the Best in Mathematics 17th January
The National Curriculum Programmes of Study for Mathematics requires pupils to have a much wider understanding of knowledge and skills than ever before. The challenge for teachers now is how to teach to the raised standards whilst instilling a love of Maths into children.
£95 + VAT (free parking at venue)
You can add this event to your calendar by selecting the option compatible with your device
The National Curriculum Programmes of Study for Mathematics requires pupils to have a much wider understanding of knowledge and skills than ever before. The challenge for teachers now is how to teach to the raised standards whilst instilling a love of Maths into children. The three sessions will offer a wide range of activities and ideas to transform the teaching of Maths in the classroom whilst providing research and theory to develop pedagogy. Each session will link with an inter-sessional task to help improve consistency across the teaching of Maths, though each session can also be attended in isolation.
Session 1 - 17th January
- Long term planning for a Maths mastery curriculum
- Ensuring coverage of the National Curriculum in your year group and across the school
- Catering for all learners in Maths lessons
- Using the Concrete, Pictorial, Abstract approach
- Assessment and monitoring of Maths
You can book on all 3 dates for a discounted price - details of the other sessions below - by selecting the 'all 3 dates event'
Session 2 - 21st March
- Supporting the development of number fluency and number sense
- Progression in mental maths
- Progression in calculation
Session 3 - 11th July
- Engaging approaches to problem solving
- Developing children’s reasoning skills
– Cross curricular opportunities in Maths
“Working with Laura this year has been very effective. From the initial planning of the support to the delivery of high quality CPD; monitoring of the impact of the training on Teaching and Learning to moderating standards in books; it has all threaded very well to the school's improvement priorities. Staff and in particular the middle leaders, have found this development invaluable.” Hatim Kapacee, Headteacher at Heald Place Primary School
Who's It For?
Teachers, Key Stage Leaders, SLT, Maths Leaders
13:00 - 16:00