Essential sessions for updating SENCos/INCos on relevant national and local issues and for providing very valuable opportunities for networking with colleagues and like-minded professionals.
New SENDCo training
New SENDCo training
This training course (24 May 2016, 8, 21 & 28 June 2017, 5 July 2017) will support delegates to develop outstanding practice in their setting in line with the requirements of the Code of Practice for SEND, 2015.
£549 + VAT for all 5 half days
This training course will support delegates to develop outstanding practice in line with the requirements of the Code of practice 2015.
SENDCos will gain the understanding, knowledge and skills required to work effectively and develop a strategic approach to establishing SEN systems and processes across schools and settings.
All aspects of leading on inclusion are covered, including provision mapping, assessment and identification, organising and chairing meetings, day-to-day management of SEND and working with outside agencies, parents & carers. Evaluation from headteachers, senior leaders and SENDCos shows learning is sustained.
Delegates leave with a substantial resource pack and a personalised action plan. This course compliments the National Award for SEN and is delivered by the specialist teacher delivering in partnership with the Manchester Metropolitan University.
- The Role of the SENDco, roles and responsibilities
- Special Needs Code of Practice
- Target setting and assessment in a world without levels!
- Getting Organised
- A Graduated Approach
- Understanding Provision Mapping
- SEND Policy
- Looking behind the behaviour – supporting Social, Emotional and Mental Health difficulties in school
- Effective use of additional adults
- Planning for pupils with complex needs
- Early Help
- Education and Health Care Plans – understanding the paperwork
- Pupil Centred Annual Reviews
- ‘P’ Levels
- Equality Act and Equality duty
- Auditing SEND in your school
- OFSTED – expectations!
- SEN Gateway - supporting CPD
- Action Planning
Who's It For?
New assistant and aspirant SENDCos all settings.
Early years, primary and secondary
Five half-day sessions
13:00 to 16:00