Early years network meetings (all 3 sessions)
Early Years network meetings
Essential termly sessions for updating Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) subject leaders on relevant national and local issues and for providing very valuable opportunities for networking with colleagues and like-minded professionals.
£329 + vat
This session will look at the best ways of ‘setting your setting’ to promote the curriculum across all areas of your setting, with a focus on Language opportunities to best support EAL, SEND and learners at all stages of development.
- Our language specialists will promote ways to develop children’s abilities to communicate through visuals and objects
- Ensuring the inside and outside equally develop the child’s language and literacy skills
- Differentiate your setting to ensure children at all ages and stages of language development can interact with the activities set up
- Take ideas back to your setting to increase children’s confidence to choose and take the lead, developing their PSED skills.
Our language specialists have a range of experience and expertise. Shirley Johnson is an EAL and EYs specialist teacher and Helen Marriott has worked as a specialist teacher and Speech and Language Therapist. The importance of communication in the EYs has been highlighted by recent studies as summarised in the September One Education blog, ‘Why Do Boys Fall Behind In EYFS?’ written by Helen Marriott.
Book now to secure your place.
Who's It For?
Early years foundation stage co-ordinators and practitioners, EYFS leaders and teachers
Early years, primary
13:00 - 16:00
Book your place at all three sessions, or on individual sessions using the links below.
- Early Years Network Meeting - 22 November 2016
- Early Years Network Meeting - 23 March 2017
- Early Years Network Meeting - 25 April 2017