Finance Support for Academies & MATs
We understand that the demands on the staff within finance departments in schools are very different once you have converted to an academy.
Whether you are a new or existing academy, our school finance team provide a high quality support service to support and assist you through the ever increasing annual cycle of accounts, budget setting and monitoring and EfA returns.
Finance Support for Academies and MATs
We offer the following support options for you to choose from, subject to your requirements:
- Year-end preparation
- Year-end preliminary close down
- Liaison with external auditors
- Assistance with final year end journals
- Budget planning, preparation and profiling
- 3-5 year budget forecasting
- Assistance with budget forecast return to EFA
- Upload to EFA website
- Budget on financial management system
- Assistance with month end procedures
- Cash Flow set up and assistance
- Payroll monitoring and reconciliation
- Assistance with VAT126 returns (or if VAT registered, on-line returns)
- Support and assistance with financial policies, regulations and funding information
- Assistance with implementing audit recommendations
- Assistance with BACS set up for accounts payable
- Financial benchmarking
Are you looking for support with your academy conversion finances?
Whether you are a new or existing academy, the Academy Plus service agreement offers you a comprehensive support service to meet your individual requirements. Support is provided through on-site visits from a nominated support officer and also includes unlimited telephone and email support, HCSS budgeting software licence, termly finance networking events and regular newsletters as standard.
Designed to assist established academies or those facing budgetary pressures, the benefit of the Academy Light support package is its flexibility. You decide how many days your school needs. The package includes as standard a HCSS budgeting software licence, email access to the school finance team and 1 pre-planned support visit, with the option to purchase additional support visits if required.