One Education provide accredited and experienced school mediators who are used to dealing with the range of issues that cause disputes.
You will be assigned with a mediator who acts as a point of contact should there be queries prior to, during or after the mediation and the mediation will include:
- Initial scoping discussion with commissioner of mediation
- Individual meetings with parties to establish issues, explain the mediation process and ensure issues are appropriate for mediation
- Joint mediation session to tackle conflict and create where appropriate a mediation agreement
- Sharing of mediation agreement where applicable
- Post mediation support and evaluation.
Benefits of Using Mediation In School
- Interest based bargaining approach provides greater likelihood of resolving conflict by helping parties move on from their positions.
- Independent and neutral mediator provides unbiased facilitator
- Time and cost saving
- Reduced absence, stress, grievances, poor performance and employment tribunal claims
- Staff benefit from expressing their opinions and concerns in a structured format.
- Colleagues reach their own lasting solution
- Increased empowerment and positive thought
- Staff better aligned with the school’s visions, aims and goals.
If you would like further information about our school mediation services, please fill in the form below or call Rachel Foster on 0844 967 1112.