SEND Support in Schools
Nurturing a wide range of skills, knowledge and experience, our team of specialist teachers works creatively and flexibly.
We work with you to identify the needs of children and young people with learning difficulties and social and emotional needs and support you to fulfil all aspects of the SEND Code of Practice 0 – 25 (2015).
Ensuring Inclusion in school
Our teachers use observation and specialist assessment to ensure we are in the best position to offer teachers and leaders in school advice and strategies which deliver results. Working with individuals and groups of pupils, we deliver a range of interventions addressing learning needs, bullying, and low self-esteem.
One Education will also support your professional development, providing bespoke training, SENDCo Networks each term and a high quality annual conference. Passionate about putting children and young people first, our team is here to help you every step of the way.
Choose The Support You Need
- SENDCo Support
- SENDCo Support Package
- SEND Interventions
- Speech & Language Therapy
- ELKLAN Speech & Language Therapy Support
Our team can support improvements in Special Educational Needs across the school. This including setting up systems, provision mapping, coaching, and training teachers and teaching assistants.
Our SENDCo Support includes advice on classroom setting and support, ensuring that staff and classrooms enable all children to achieve their full potential. We observe lessons and interventions, and provide writen and verbal advice to inform practice. We also offer a range of maths, literacy, social & emotional, and language assessments to help you to support your pupils.
We also offer support with provision mapping, reviewing policies, and reviewing and writing Individual Education Plans (IEP) and Education Health Care Plans (EHCP).
We can provide one-off support or regular weekly support (half or full day) which may include training; either from our list of training below, bespoke training, or training staff to carry out interventions.
The SENDCO Support Package is a value for money offer which allows you to:
- receive a half day support in your school to develop an area of inclusive practice
- attend the Annual SEND Conference
- attend three SENDCo Networks
- The new to SENDCo package provides support to deliver a twilight training session for the whole school and includes in-school support to monitor and evaluate the impact of provision
- Experienced SENDCos may wish to tap into this support
Alison White, Head teacher St Margaret’s CofE Primary School
“The support we have received from our inclusion specialist teacher this year has been invaluable and has made a real difference to our children’s progress and love of learning”
Whether you wish to book places or organise in-school inset or twilight sessions, we offer a comprehensive range of training on a range of SEND issues. Training can be delivered to individual schools or across a cluster. Bespoke training is also available.
Access our value for money twilight training package to organise all your CPD needs for SEND for the academic year.
Our range of training includes;
- EAL + SEND
- Effective use of additional adults
- Emotional health and wellbeing awareness training
- Engaging parents and carers
- Engaging pupils in decision making
- Managing behaviour
- SEND in the classroom
- Supporting children with language difficulties
- The Equality Act + Equality Duty
- The SEND Code of Practice
- Using visuals in the classroom to support all learners
- Writing personalised plans
Our team are able to train schools in a range of language, literacy and maths interventions. We can organise school cluster training to ensure value for money
- Fischer Family Trust wave 3 intervention
- Boosting Reading at primary and secondary
- Five minute box
- Talking Maths
We can offer Speech and Language Therapy from a dual qualified Speech and Language Therapist and Teacher. The advantage of a dual trained therapist/teacher is their ability to offer practical in school advice that has been tried and tested as a teacher in mainstream and special schools.
Speech and Language Therapy Support includes;
- Assessment, report and advice for individual pupils (this may be used to support a request for Statutory assessment)
- Training staff to carry out language screening and once completed, using the results to best direct children to the correct interventions and support
- Develop language-friendly classrooms and schools
- Training in speech and language
ELKLAN provides a range of courses, giving information and strategies to use in and out of the classroom to develop the communication skills of all children but especially those with speech, language and communication needs.