What is a Careers ambassador?
A careers ambassador is a student who has been selected by your One Education careers adviser to represent the school and fellow students to champion careers opportunities, be the student voice and form good relationships to ensure a successful careers support network is in place within the school.
What does the role entail?
This is an opportunity for all students in the role of a careers ambassador to research, develop and share information supporting careers opportunities:
- You will learn about the range of careers available, and the employment areas young people may wish to consider as part of their future
- Meet inspiring employers, learn and share information from these organisations with fellow students and teaching staff
- Learn more about the different routes into further education and rewarding career pathways
- Form relationships with other school career ambassadors to explore and create careers networks and opportunities
- Develop and host student workshops to share knowledge of career opportunities
- Champion volunteering opportunities
- Develop your own skills through the delivery of this role
- Be involved in career events and career opportunities for your school
Will I be supported in my role?
Yes, your careers coordinator will be able to support you in your role as a careers ambassador. This will help you to understand
the role in more detail, giving you the opportunity to ask questions and get started.