- The Centre is situated on the eastern side of Lake Windermere, about three miles south of Bowness along the A592 to Newby Bridge.
- The grid reference for the Centre is S.D. 394928 and the postcode for your Sat Nav is LA233LN (Please check your route is taking you via either Bowness or Newby Bridge as the back road route on some navigation software sometimes takes you through a deep ford)
- From the south, the easiest approach is to follow the M6 to junction 36 and then turn left onto the Kendal by-pass for the Lakes.
- Turn left off the A591 at Windermere and down to Bowness. Follow the A592 towards Newby Bridge, passing the Ferry turn-off and Storrs Hall Hotel.
- After the hotel the road rises well above the level of the lake and after half a mile passes a road junction on a sharp bend.
- Three hundred metres beyond that is a minor road junction marked by a red post box and the sign to "Ghyll Head" and “Cartmel Fell - Fell Road Only”
- Turn up this minor road and, in 250 metres on the right, the top drive entrance to the Centre is reached.
- Private cars should enter only by the top drive. Coaches need to be parked on the main road as the minor road is too narrow to allow turning.
- If you see the Beech Hill Hotel on your right-hand side, you have missed the road junction and must retrace your route for a half mile.
For more information, please enquire using the form below or call the Outdoor Education Team on 01539 443 751.