LOCATION:The Holiday Inn, 888 Oldham Rd, Manchester. M40 2BS.
Subject Leadership - getting the best out of your curriculum
This NEW programme for Middle Leaders and subject leaders will explore what it means to lead a subject or a specialist area. Successful subject leaders inspire and motivate others and - at the same time - often have a full teaching timetable too. Course facilitators have had experience of leading from the middle and will draw upon their own experiences to help you in your journey.
This half day course will explore:
- Developing an inspiring curriculum;
- Ensuring curriculum progression through the subject;
- Motivating and inspiring others through your vision;
- Reviewing current practice in your school;
- Successful action planning;
- Discussing your subject confidently;
- Policy writing;
- Implementing findings from research for middle leadership;
- Holding others to account;
- Coaching and mentoring other colleagues
- Your wellbeing and workload.
There will be intersessional tasks between the three sessions which will allow delegates to apply the course content to their practice, and review it within the sessions. Through discussion and interactions, participants have the time to look at their individual situation, where to look for help and support, and how to create effective networks. There will be the chance to set up a networking group between delegates. There will also be the opportunity to work alongside others in the same situation and to use the knowledge and experience of the course facilitators.
Delegates are encouraged to bring any current subject progression maps, long term plans for all year groups, curriculum policies or subject policies.
Who's It For?
Middle Leaders, Aspiring Middle Leaders, Teachers
Free parking at the venue.