LOCATION:The Holiday Inn, 888 Oldham Rd, Manchester. M40 2BS.
Developing the Whole School Maths Curriculum- 25 June 2020
The National Curriculum Programmes of Study for Mathematics requires pupils to have a much wider understanding of knowledge and skills than ever before. The challenge for teachers now is how to teach to the raised standards whilst instilling a love of Maths into children. The session will offer a wide range of activities and ideas to transform the teaching of Maths in the classroom whilst providing research and theory to develop pedagogy.
- Long term planning for a Maths mastery curriculum
- Ensuring coverage of the National Curriculum in your year group and across the school
- Catering for all learners in Maths lessons
- Using the Concrete, Pictorial, Abstract approach
- Assessment and monitoring of Maths
- Cross curricular opportunities in Maths
Free parking is available at the venue.
“Working with Laura this year has been very effective. From the initial planning of the support to the delivery of high quality CPD; monitoring of the impact of the training on Teaching and Learning to moderating standards in books; it has all threaded very well to the school's improvement priorities. Staff and in particular the middle leaders, have found this development invaluable.” Hatim Kapacee, Headteacher at Heald Place Primary School
Who is it for?
Teachers, Key Stage Leaders, SLT, Maths leaders