Early Reading & Phonics in a Reading Rich Curriculum 29 April 2021
This online course will explore the importance of early reading and phonics in a ‘Reading Rich’ curriculum that values the importance of reading as a crucial life skill.
Day 2 (29th April) will explore:
• Approaches to Guided Reading in EYFS/KS1.
• How to link to early reading to your whole school approach to reading.
• Developing a reading for pleasure culture.
• Encouraging reading at home.
• Assessing reading skills and strategies.
Delegates will leave with improved subject knowledge as well as a raft of strategies with which to ensure early reading and phonics are prioritised in their settings.
This virtual session will be recorded so you can access the training at a later date, if you are unable to attend live, as long as you are booked on.
Who's it for?
EYFS teachers, KS1 teachers, Literacy Lead, Phonics Lead, Senior Leaders who want to develop an understanding of early reading and phonics.
EYFS and Primary