LOCATION:The Holiday Inn. 888 Oldham Rd, Manchester, M40 2BS.
Fire Safety Management in Schools
There are approximately 1500 cases of attempted arson in schools each year (with 75% started deliberately) and recent scrutiny of fire safety management and building design, post Grenfell, will prompt more stringent control and competence around managing the risk of fire. The Fire Safety RRO (fire regulations) creates a single regime for managing fire safety and is enforced by the fire service. The role of responsible person differs, depending on the type of school, but all schools will have someone delegated to coordinate fire safety management on a day to day basis. This training is aimed at those delegated persons and covers the following:
• Regulations and HSE/DfE Guidance
• Fire risk assessment requirements (identifying the risk to buildings, its occupants and vulnerable persons)
• Fire safety arrangements (to reduce the risk of fire spread, identify means of escape and provide suitable firefighting equipment and procedures)
• Emergency plans
• Training and instruction for staff, students and fire marshals
• Testing and inspection requirements
• Records and documentation
• Refurbishment and construction
Who's it for?
Site Managers, Business Managers, Persons responsible for Fire Safety Management