Literacy Leader Network Meetings - 21 October 2020
The Literacy Lead network meetings take place once a term and are a fantastic opportunity to work alongside others in similar situations, whilst using the knowledge and experience of the course facilitators who are experienced moderators; curriculum advisors for the STA; school leaders and classroom teachers.
The date of this sesssion is 21st October 2020, the other dates available are:
Meeting Two: 3rd February: 2021
Meeting Three: 8th July 2021
The meetings will focus on:
- Leading Literacy across the school
- DfE and national updates
- Whole school literacy planning and progression
- Cross curricular links to Literacy and how best to plan for progression
- Resources for the classroom: tried and tested
- Latest research and how to effectively apply it
- Supporting and Improving standards
- Developing knowledge and skills
- Practical ideas to teach Reading, Writing and GPS effectively
- Sharing good practice
- Network opportunities
A network event can be attended as a single event but attending the three meetings throughout the year will allow for Literacy Leaders to build upon their Leadership skills whilst gaining invaluable, practical ideas to adapt within the classroom. Delegates will receive a resource pack and be encouraged to complete a follow up task between sessions to embed new ideas into their practice._
“A huge thank you - I really enjoyed your informative session. It was great to discuss leadership of Literacy. I am already thinking of how to implement ideas and I am planning to share all the resources at school tomorrow.”_ Alice Pepper, Literacy Lead, Tyntesfield Primary School.
Who is it for?
Literacy/English Leaders or aspiring Literacy/English Leaders.