LOCATION:The Holiday Inn. 888 Oldham Rd, Manchester M40 2BS
Resilience building for school teams - 2 October 2019
Well-being is now a key line of inquiry for Ofsted Inspectors, Inspectors are already including comments in their reports on how a school supports its staff and their well-being. There is a clear correlation between a happy and healthy workforce and the performance and productivity of a school. Over the last few months there has been an increased awareness in this area. However, despite the growth in interest, mental health of our staff continues to worsen. A 2018 report into teacher’s well-being showed:
• 80% of senior leaders suffering from work-related stress and;
• 76% of professionals experiencing negative behavioural, psychological or physical symptoms due to their work in comparison to 60% of UK employees and;
• 57% considering leaving the profession due to health pressures and;
• 47% experiencing depression, anxiety or panic attacks due to work.
Join us at our exciting new event to explore the importance of resilience and how we can develop practical strategies, tactics and tools to bolster mental, emotional and physical resilience in leaders, managers and our entire school workforce. This unique session will be co-delivered by our partners from The Growth Company and will explore things that we can practically do to remain calm and reduce work place stress ourselves and how we can support others. Workshop tables:
• Mental resilience: exploring our psychological response to stress and things that we can practically do to remain calm under pressure including: visioning and goal setting. Task and time management. Stress triggers and understanding causes. Circle of influence and control. Immunity to change. Distraction strategies. Finding your safe place.
• Emotional resilience: exploration of our emotional response to stress and how we can build our mental toughness including: acceptance, gratitude, positive thinking, understanding purpose and self-compassion and confidence, the power of relationships.
• Physical resilience: exploring how our physical wellbeing are crucial to our general health, resilience and stamina and understand how we can increase our reliance levels through our bodies including: our energy levels (sleep/diet), breathing/mindfulness, good work-life integration (finding your balance)
Who is it for?
Headteachers, Deputy Headteachers, Business Managers, Governors