Why choose One Education for Academisation
We provide an extensive range of bespoke services for academies. Our services are tailored to your academy or multi academy trust's requirements. We can provide a bespoke package incorporating one or more services.
The Attendance Adviser has become a very important part of our Academy Community Team. He is professional and approachable. The end of term report was exceptionally useful and this was shown to our Board of Directors. Our whole school attendance data is on an upwards trend, above national targets.
Free no obligation consultation
One Education offer a free no obligation scoping meeting to provide you with all the information you will need in order to plan your next steps. This meeting can be arranged with your school Governors or senior members of staff. We will provide you with the key steps and milestones involved in converting to Academy status and joining or setting up a Multi Academy Trust.
One Education work in partnership with Slater Heelis and will provide you with an initial no obligation 90 minute information sharing session for your SLT or Governing Body.
Strategic Project Management
We will be there from the very beginning of the process to offer support and guidance on all important milestones and timescales. We will provide your school with a dedicated Project Lead who will deliver and manage the project plan for your conversion to enable you to continue with your daily Headteacher responsibilities.
We respond to issues as and when they arise, including liaising with all appropriate stakeholders including legal services, property service, Trade Unions, parents and community stakeholders.
Our Senior Leader and Governor Visioning sessions support you and your Governing Body in identifying and developing the vision, ethos and strategic direction for your school through understanding the current landscape of school management and governance and establishing a framework for future option.
These sessions enable your Governing Body and Senior Leaders to identify the best way forward to lead your school to success, whilst looking at the pros and cons of different academy options to ensure informed decision making.
Further Governance support for your school, during the academy conversion process, includes:
- Support and advice in setting up effective governance structures
- Delivery of training and briefing sessions to guide governors throughout the academy conversion process
- Assessment of your governor’s skills and experience
- Competitive governor clerking rates
Human Resources Support
Our Human Resources support during the academy conversion process provides your school with:
Management of the TUPE process We will ensure that all documentation including regulation 13 letters are sent out within statutory timescales.
- Due diligence review Working with your current payroll provider we will support you in producing an appropriate due diligence report for the new Trust.
Support at staff and Trade Union consultation meetings We will set up and lead on consultation meetings with staff and Trade Unions and provide necessary minutes to ensure your staff feel fully supported and informed of the process involved. FAQs will be provided and updated during the conversion process to staff.
- Pension transfer advice We will ensure you receive the best possible advice in relation to your applications to the appropriate pension funds.
We recognise the challenges that you may face and have the knowledge and expertise to guide you through the financial aspect of the conversion process.
Our academy conversion finance support package provides you with a flexible approach to support during and after conversion, including:
- Assistance with preparation of financial data for submittal to EFA as part of application process.
- Consultation with Local Authority and/or School Finance Staff regarding both the preliminary close down and final close down of maintained school accounts.
- Closing down of maintained school accounts.
- Assistance with setting up of new academy accounts (following accounting software installation and set-up)
- New budget planning and forecast returns to EFA.
We work in partnership with Slater Heelis on the legal aspects of the academy conversion process.
Slater Heelis is a law firm with offices throughout Greater Manchester who offer a full range of legal services to schools and academies including advice on governance, supplier contracts, data protection, Freedom of Information Act requests, property issues, and dispute resolution.
As part of the conversion process, their solicitors will set up the academy trust and agree its constitution with the Department for Education, they will liaise with the relevant authorities to ensure that the appropriate arrangements are in place in respect of the school land and buildings, and they will agree the contractual documentation transferring the school assets to the academy trust.
Health and Safety Services
Not only does all legal responsibility move from the Local Authority to the Trust when a school becomes an academy, but the conversion also makes the trust the employer. UK law places the onus on the employer to ensure that all relevant UK health and safety legislation is complied with to avoid personal fines.
One Education and Vita Safety will work in partnership to offer your school the following benefits:
- Attracting talent and becoming an employer of choice
- Due diligence review on schools new to a Trust for the academy board
- Benchmarking risks and needs across a multi-academy trust
- Reduced staff absence levels
- Improving H&S cultures
- Demonstrating a systematically well-managed and caring environment to OFSTED
We will also offer the following services to ensure that your conversion is as smooth as possible:
- Full Health & Safety compliance audit
- Gap analysis report, including both property related risks (fire, asbestos, gas, legionella and contractor/supply chain management) and occupational safety and health.
- On-site consultancy support and action planning
- Review and development of Health & Saftey policies and procedures
- Review and development of risk assessment
- Training packages of both on-site and offsite training with our partners at One Education
- Development and implementation of electronic and hard copy health, safety and property risk management filing systems
- Fire risk assessment and emergency planning
- Health & Safety phone and email advice lines
- Group packages and Health & Safety strategies for multi-academy trusts
Land and Building Services
As part of the transition to Academy status, Property Tectonics will undertake a due diligence technical report. This is a systematic review and analysis on the physical characteristics of the premises providing an informed assessment of the transition.
The benefits of the due diligence review include:
- Quantifying future cost liabilities and producing an Asset Management Plan, covering the building fabric, mechanical and electrical services and external grounds
- Considering the current design suitability of the school in terms of functionality and space
- Asset register of Plant and Equipment
- Premises related Health & Safety policy review
- Premises related Statutory Liability review to include (note that this does not include actual surveys but a desktop review): a. Asbestos Management Plan b. Fire Risk Assessment c. Accessibility Statement d. Legionella and Water Risk
- Energy Audit to identify potential energy consumption reductions and increased value for money
Our ICT support during the academy conversion process provides your school with:
- A review and audit of ICT requirements
- Website and marketing development for the new multi-academy trust
- Negotiating ICT contracts
- Data Protection audit
- IT Business continuity development