Why choose One Education for your school's SIMS / ICT Support
Our extensive experience of working with schools allows us to provide a bespoke ICT service, delivered by experts who support your school to deliver the most effective learning environment for your pupils.
We can ask whatever question we want and always feel supported. Nothing is too much fuss or trouble. The One Education Team are so hardworking and we know we can always rely on them.
Excellent service. One phone call solves all my ICT problems. One stop shop with instant access to Consultants, engineers, sales and support. I would highly recommend.
SIMS Support & Training
SIMS refers to School Information Management System – one of the most widely used MIS in UK schools – and is vital in storing and managing student information.
Our dedicated MIS support team have significant knowledge of the full range of SIMS modules. We have been supporting schools for over 25 years and are currently supporting SIMS systems for users in over 170 schools and academies, working closely with them to ensure they make the most effective use out of SIMS in the office and classrooms.
They proactively take the time to advise and provide solutions for any SIMS related challenges, including installations and the support and training to help ensure pupil and staff data is managed and maintained in accordance with legislation.
Our service desk will offer your school:
- Unlimited telephone support for all modules of SIMS
- Unlimited remote support for all modules of SIMS
- Support and guidance for all Statutory Returns
- Emergency support for failures affecting the running of the school with a 4-hour response
- Technical support of existing non-teaching MIS devices (i.e. SIMS server and computers with SIMS installed)
- Custom backup solutions for SIMS / FMS
There are times when you may need extra help with your SIMS system. We offer a range of additional support options:
- Training: Delivering relevant courses, seminars and on-site bespoke training, all incorporated within the support package, at no additional cost, or available to purchase for non-contract customers.
- Consultancy: In-depth discussions leading to installation of bespoke assessment solutions.
- Statutory returns: Support and guidance provided for all statutory returns including School Census, School Workforce Census and End of Key Stage Assessments.
- Communications: Guidance notes and reports available to download from One Education’s website for all SIMS modules including Statutory Returns, Pupil Premium, End of Year procedures and general SIMS.net housekeeping.
ICT Technical Support
We understand the need for timely resolution to technical ICT issues in school. Learning and progress of you pupils is of key importance. This can only happen when teaching continues and is not disrupted by ICT. You will benefit from a single point of contact for all your technical issues covering existing curriculum ICT devices.
Our expert service desk will offer your school:
- An experienced engineer on-site for 3.5 hours per week, term time only (various options are available to suit your requirements).
- Proactive monitoring of all support servers. Potential issues are identified, reported and (where possible) immediately resolved.
- Unlimited emergency support for failures affecting the delivery of the curriculum with a 4-hour response.
- An agreed 3-year rolling plan for all ICT devices to assist with budget planning.
- A regular termly visit by one of our Service Delivery/Development Managers.
- Advice and information on making the best use of current systems and the sharing of knowledge on emerging technologies and their potential use within the Education sector.
- Advice on the development and design of school ICT suites and network infrastructure.
- Advice on the development of the school infrastructure to minimise mobile and broadband costs across the curriculum.
- Advice and assistance on network management, online safety and security issues.
School Internet Services
The Internet is a wonderful resource for students which puts the world in their hands, allowing them to discover, connect and create. Safeguarding and internet security are at the forefront of our solution. One Education’s comprehensive internet service package will ensure you are providing access to a safe online environment in which a pupil can learn and grow. Our package is developed specifically for schools:
- School portal and flexible platform gives you 100% control. Your pupils can explore the digital world when and where you want.
- Content filter reporting, with up to 6 months historical data, is designed specifically for education, reporting misuse and flagging inappropriate internet searches which supports the PREVENT agenda.
- Putting Children First is our priority which is why we ensure our internet services are compliant with the Department for Education’s statutory guidance ‘Keeping children safe in education 2018’.
Our package includes:
- Up to 80MB Fibre/Next generation Broadband
- Next Generation Firewall
- Web Security Gateway including audit reporting for safeguarding
- Our reporting solution comes as standard with up to 6 months historical data of detailed reporting
- We configure all of our web security gateways with reports that highlight any activity in pre-defined “Prevent” categories
- Over 70 pre-defined report templates alongside customisable, detailed reports
- Emergency support for Internet failures with a 4-hour response
- Managed DNS for your school/academy domains
- Managed internet filtering with Active Directory Integration
- Secure file transfers for transferring large files between organisations
- Advice and guidance on all internet related issues & security
As part of this service, we also provide:
- Management and support of the school’s online email service (Gmail or Office 365)
- DNS/Domain name registration and support
Connection speed is important, because the faster your internet is, a more diverse learning experience can be achieved. Therefore if a more suitable connection becomes available that is of better value for money, we will upgrade your school automatically as part of our service.
We offer various types of internet connection to suit every school budget and requirement. Our team are on hand to advise you on the best connection.
EoFTTC (Ethernet over FTTC) We recommend an EoFTTC connection to primary schools and smaller secondary schools where it is available and has Guaranteed Service Level Agreement which assures schools of a fix within 7 hours and 24/7 support EoFTTC ensures that the line speed quoted is what a school will get every day - even at peak times and regardless of how many people are using the internet.
FTTC (Fibre to the Cabinet) FTTC or ‘Superfast Broadband’ as it is more widely known, is the most common choice for primary schools.
The maximum speed is 20Mbit upload and 80Mbit download, but not everyone will receive the maximum speed as it depends the location of the school.
ADSL If FTTC is not yet available in your area, we can run your broadband over an ADSL connection.
The maximum download speed is 24Mbit and upload 2.5Mbit. As part of our agreement with you, we will upgrade your school to FTTC for free (as part of a contract renewal) as soon as it becomes available.
Dedicated Leased Line Recommended for all secondary schools and larger primary schools, a leased line will give you your own dedicated fibre connection.
You’ll have the same upload speed as download speed (up to 10Gbit) and the line also comes with an SLA.
As prices for leased lines vary according to the speed required and location of your school.
Audio / Visual Solutions
Ensure that your teachers have the best technology to stimulate their pupils through highly engaging audio and visual media in the classroom. More and more schools are taking advantage of AV technology to help facilitate learning in fun and challenging ways.
Learning with AV creates a stimulating and interactive environment for students. One Education provides a comprehensive range of audio visual solutions and equipment for schools.
Our experience enables us to provide a full design and installation service ranging from small screen to large scale professional systems as well as flexible bespoke systems to suit your teaching and learning needs.
- Interactive Touchscreen Displays (all makes, models and sizes)
- Projectors (classroom/hall/short throw/ultra-short throw)
- Green Screen Technology
- Lecture theatre and training room installations
- Classroom technology upgrades
- Training rooms
- Smart interactive products
- Classroom and Campus audio systems
- iPad controlled A/V systems
- IPTV (Internet Protocol Television)
- Digital signage and displays
- LCD, LED and flat screen installations
- Satellite and TV Distribution
- Installation and training for all AV equipment
ICT Hardware, Software & Installation Services
One Education offer a wide range of practical tailor-made solutions for schools. Our experts ensure that anything we supply not only represents best value, but also contribute towards positive outcomes for your teaching staff and pupils.
As an unbiased education specialist company, we guarantee to always put your school first in all our proposals and appreciate that your budget is spent in the most efficient way possible.
A small selection of what we can offer:
- End User devices - Desktop PCs, laptops, tablets (any make, model or specification)
- Apple solutions
- Servers and network infrastructure
- Visitor ‘signing in’ systems (InVentry, Entrysign, Alpha)
- Printing solutions (from single printers to photocopiers and full managed print solutions)
- Advice and procurement for all types of software including Microsoft licensing agreements, Anti-virus and specialised classroom / business related software
Wireless Networks and Infrastructure
Work more efficiently, better support your pupils’ learning and enjoy a multitude of education benefits through wireless networks and portable computers. We understand that every school has different needs, from single wireless access points to whole school wireless solutions, to power and data requirements. We offer full network installation services from the addition of a single network data point or electrical point to a full data network or power installation, design and build.
Our wireless network solutions cover all makes and models to suit your school’s budget and can include a full site survey (heat mapping), network design and installation.
Cloud Based and Monitoring Services
Schools recognise that cloud-based applications can be run on Internet browsers meaning that expensive hardware and software are no longer required.
This removes the need for on-site maintenance visits and allows One Education to support the server with minimal impact on your school. All servers and services would be hosted in our Microsoft backed data centre and are available 24/7, 365 days a year, and backed by our One Education helpdesk.
We can host your servers and services on both an ad-hoc and permanent basis, depending on your school’s needs and requirements. The immediate benefits include increased accessibility, collaboration and flexibility. Our hosted services give you the foundation to achieve compliance for the data you store and the applications you run.
Our Cloud based services include:
- Document /File Storage
- Backup Services
- Collaboration platforms
- SIMS Services Remote Access Solutions
- Network monitoring
- Website Hosting
- Social Media
- DNS Services
- E-Mail (Office 365 & Google Mail)
- Online Applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc)
Consultancy Services and Project Management
We work exclusively with the education sector, providing a comprehensive range of ICT services and solutions including professional consultancy services. Our support will ensure that you get the most from you ICT investment and guarantees that your ICT operation runs smoothly and efficiently throughout your entire school.
One Education provides consultation and project management on a range of ICT areas for schools to help support your school in applying a successful ICT strategy that meets the needs of your computing curriculum, including:
- New School Design & build – Working to support schools through the entire process of a new school build (or extension to an existing building).
- Security Management – Advice and practical services to help you protect your ICT infrastructure, staff and students.
- Policy Development – Design and creation of polices to ensure your systems are used in the correct way (e.g. ICT Acceptable Use and Social Media Policy).
- Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery - Comprehensive planning service which brings together all of the key elements required to ensure schools have appropriate plans in place to protect their key systems in the event of major school issues.
- Management - All of the services required to manage a school’s ICT service on a day to day basis such as full service budget management, stakeholder management, communications, and equipment procurement.
- Computer Forensics - Examination of digital media, such as personal computers, mobile phones, to establish factual evidence of illegal unauthorised or unusual activities.
Security & Safeguarding
Duty of Care responsibilities mean the protection of pupils, students and staff is paramount, and yet access across school sites can cause head-teachers and site managers a real headache. Often buildings were constructed before security became such an essential element of school management.
At the same time, keeping intruders out has to be balanced with safety – especially in the event of a fire. Security and safeguarding are at the forefront of our solutions:
- CCTV systems – including HD CCTV and those utilising an IP network
- Access control – including intercom systems, passes and with remote monitoring options
- E-registration systems
- Security lighting
- Automatic gates and barriers
- Intruder alarm systems
- Fire detection systems
- Integrating security systems – CCTV, access control, intruder alarm and fire detection for better centralised management and control
- Installing dedicated networks for all a school’s security needs
Connect for Education Primary (CfE)
One Education’s Connect for Education (CfE) product combines high speed internet connectivity with our web filtering and firewall solution, to bring our customers a reliable, flexible and safe environment to connect to the wider world.
Our contracts and one-off installation fee provides your school with a 100mbps leased line, Sophos XG Firewall and Web filter.
Receive a 15% discount on our ESE product when purchased alongside our Connect for Education product.